Source file-specfic compile flags?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder_at_snydernet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:03:05 -0500

Hello.

This may be a question that pertains more to libtool than to Squid per se, but I'll ask it here anyway.

For Squid v3.1.x I want to build 2 of the source files with different compiler options than all the other source files. Put another way, I want CXXFLAGS to have a different value for these 2 source files, while leaving the existing CXXFLAGS to be used for all other compilations.

Specifically, I want to build ~/src/unlinkd.cc and ~/src/disk.cc with different options.

I've looked through ~/src/Makefile.* in the hope of seeing an occasion where the build of a single file deviates from the overall rules, but no such example is seen.

So... how can I tell the Squid build to compile these 2 files with different compiler options?

Please CC me with any responses as I am not a subscriber to the squid-dev list.

Thanks.