Re: [PREVIEW] Making Store work with SMP-shared cache_dirs

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 15:09:19 -0700

On 02/15/2011 01:24 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> * Minimized from-disk StoreEntry loading/unpacking code duplication.
>>
>> Moved common (and often rather complex!) code from store modules into
>> storeRebuildLoadEntry, storeRebuildParseEntry, and storeRebuildKeepEntry.
>>

> I'm a little suspicious of the removal from
> StoreEntry::getSerialisedMetaData and its effect on storeSwapMetaBuild.
> IIRC you had reasons for adding it earlier that involved
> storeSwapMetaBuild using an invalid value in one or more cases. I hope
> those cases are resolved now?

Yes, Henrik ported STORE_META_OBJSIZE Squid2 code and declared the
swap_file_sz field in STORE_META_STD useless. See the "compute
swap_file_sz before packing it" thread.

When porting Rock Store to SMP Squid, I followed Henrik's advice and
removed the code I added earlier to work around the invalid swap_file_sz
values.

Thank you,

Alex.