Re: New Auth configuration options

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 13:29:53 +1300

On 05/03/11 05:41, Markus Moeller wrote:
> Do you have an idea how such a wrapper would work ?
>
> The issue I see is that the wrapper helper must do the same process
> management as squid. Which I think is quite some duplication.
>
> Markus

Squid already does the tri-state response handling similarly for
Negoatite and NTLM auth schemes. The blob decoding and response state is
entirely up to the helper.

I think the wrapper just needs to decode the blob and do either NTLM
challenge+validate or Kerberos validate on the result depending on what
detail it gets.

A flag internally to determine that an NTLM validate is the next state
after challenge will be needed to avoid sending NTLM challenge then
validating the follow-up with Kerberos.

"Simples", as the rat said to the piper.

Amos

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.5