Re: FYI: http timeout headers

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:16:04 -0800

Right. I think the authors hope that intermediaries (proxies and gateways) will adapt their policies (within configured limits) based upon what they see in incoming connection-timeout headers, and rewrite the outgoing connection-timeout headers appropriately.

I'm not sure whether that will happen, hence my question. I'm even less sure about the use cases for request-timeout, for the reasons you mention.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham       mnot_at_yahoo-inc.com