Squid 3.2 Parent proxy login=PASS

From: Tsachi <tsachi.kimel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 14:59:52 +0300

Hey I am checkig Squid 3.2.0.5.
I have a question regarding some behavior I noticed.
Configuring a parent proxy with login=PASS.
No user or passwords are configured in ACL.

A client makes a normal http request without any authorization header.
Squid process the request and sends it to the parent proxy with the
header field "proxy-authorization: Basic xxxxx"

I guess this is because the httpFixupAuthentication (http.cc) is
called and reach the end and set httpHeaderPutStrf(hdr_out, header,
"Basic %s",base64_encode(orig_request->peer_login));

Is that how it is suppose to be?
Am I missing here something?

Thanks,