[RFC] accel mode config changes

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 13:57:56 +1200

1) default behaviour of "http_port _ accel"

It seems to me that since we are advertising HTTP/1.1 the default
behaviour for accel mode should be vhost.

Thoughts?

Corollary: do we want to go so far as to make it "http_port _ vhost"?
   I think no to going this far since apache ip-based virtual hosting
requires the "http_port _accel vport" (no vhost, no defaultsite). Which
is effectively; disobey Host header and use the listening raw-IP:port as
relayed header value for IP based virtual hosting in Apache. Noting that
this behaviour is an HTTP violation and may as easily break the Apache
VirtualHost as help.

2) merging vhost and defaultsite=FQDN options

Assuming (1) is done we can drop the defautsite= directive and some
confusion around what 'default' and 'site' mean by making vhost=FQDN
equivalent to 'vhost defaultsite=FQDN'.

The request handing logics as exists now would be unchanged. This is
just a config parser change and some documentation clarification.

Thoughts?

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10