Re: [RFC] accel mode config changes

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 02:59:08 +0200

ons 2011-07-27 klockan 11:42 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> So you are in faviour of going back to the 2.7 behaviour where there
> are effectively two near-identical reverse-proxy modes? one for virtual
> hosting and one for non.

2.7 have three accelerator modes

   vhost with or without defaultsite
   defaultsite alone
   vport

how is this different in 3.2? I do not see any difference in reading the
docs for 3.2.

I found your mode change before you responded and agree to it.

My preferred action is what I said before. Make vhost the default
accelerator mode, and add a no-vhost option to disable it for cases when
one want just defaultsite or vport.

regarding vport that option also needs serious cleanup. It's both named
wrongly and overloaded with the vport=NN alternative. Better split into

   ipvhost
   port=NN

and may also add

   pathprefix=...

Not entirely sure if ipvhost is even needed. Only makes sense for
massive IP based vhosting if anyone is still doing that. in all other
configurations using IP based vhosting one http_port per IP and a
suitable defaultsite is more suitable. But I would strongly advice to
always use vhost mode and at most override the port.