Re: hit a serious blocker on windows

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:36:27 +1200

On 10/08/11 01:16, Kinkie wrote:
> hm...
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms741565%28v=vs.85%29.aspx
>
> However it's a completely different implementation concept, for which
> probably we don't have an abstraction :\

Aha. That would be it :).

The CMSG stuff is just for serializing details like those
WSAPROTOCOL_INFO structures, whole cachemgr report pages, etc. into
UDP-like packets over a unix socket. That can be done with a Packer over
TCP or UDP to localhost just as easily. As long as the receiving process
is in the same OS environment it should work.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.10