Re: SquidShell is already in progress

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:08:27 +1200

On 31/08/11 18:18, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 06:56 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> The "set" should _all_ work immediately
>
> I do not think that is practical. Consider a list of ACLs or an ICAP
> configuration directives. Most of them cannot be applied to a running
> Squid immediately when typed, one-by-one. They only make sense when
> applied together, as a whole:
>
> tweak
> tweak
> tweak
> apply

For example:

set http_access {
  tweak
  tweak
  tweak
}

I'm thinking along the lines of a POST to the mgr:config action where
the body is the set of ACLs to reconfigure with.
  To work with our current configure system the shell will need to
ensure that the set fully replaces the existing set. All management of
line numbers and inserting midway, etc, etc done by the tool outside of
Squid.

> On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:57:19 -0700 (PDT), Arthur Tumanyan wrote:
>
>> SquidShell>* connect proxy.domain.com:port using http *
>> /Connection ok [or failed] /
>> SquidShell>*close *
>> Connection to proxy closed
>> SquidShell>
>
> I do not think the shell should rely on maintaining a constant, single
> connection to Squid at all times. Instead, it should open a connection
> as needed and be prepared for an idle HTTP connection to timeout and be
> closed by Squid.
>

> HTH,
>
> Alex.

Please be using