Re: SMP Caching, part 2: Rock Store addition

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 23:48:19 +1200

On 16/05/11 09:15, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The attached patch contains the second part of the SMP caching
> changes described in the "SMP Rock Store and shared memory cache
> patches" email. I labeled it [PREVIEW] because of the following
> outstanding TODO item:
>
> * Portability tests and changes (via Hudson).
>
> However, I do not expect the above item to cause significant changes to
> the patch.
>
> There are a few additional disk caching optimizations that we may
> integrate soon or post later, after the current code is reviewed.
>

> The patch preamble describes the overall Rock Store design. Please see
> the following wiki page for more details:
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/RockStore
>
> For the complete set of changes (all three parts), and for testing,
> please see the following Launchpad branch:
> lp:~measurement-factory/squid/3p2-rock
>

> Thank you,
>
> Alex.

configure.ac:
  * rock store build conditions seem a bit out of sync with the intro
documentation. The docs imply that rock will work with just blocking I/O
without SMP mode.
   The build checks requires that IpcIo and shm_open are supported
simply to build it in. Could that be made to allow blocking-only builds
with a configure-time check for IpcIo?
  Don't let this block the merge. Just make it clear in the docs and add
to the TODO list if it is.

src/Makefile.am:
  * please check for 8-spaces " " on line wrapping and replace
with tabs.

I'm up to src/base/ now and thats all so far :). more later.

Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.11