Re: question about the key generation when Squid start to store object in cache?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 15:57:05 +1200

 On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:47:31 +0800, Raymond Wang wrote:
> Hello , I'd like to know the mechanism about the key generation, and
> how could I config the key generation process, and it is better if I

 What is it you are trying to do? there is nothing key-related that can
 safely be left to Squid admin choices.

 There are some improvements that can be made in the squid Vary: and
 Etag: handling. Perhapse you are interested in discussing and improving
 those?

> get the related code so that I can view the mechanism in action.
>

> Thanks a lot in advance!

 Store key is an MD5 hash of the client request details for which the
 stored object is a possible response.

 The code is at:
 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3-trunk/view/head:/src/store_key_md5.cc

 The code which uses it is in:
 http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3-trunk/view/head:/src/store.cc
   StoreEntry::setPublicKey() does most of the work generating new index
 entries.

 Amos