Re: i'm having a problem while compiling squid 3.2.0.12 (since 3.2.0.6) on ubuntu server(solved)

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 17:59:28 -0600

On 09/21/2011 05:49 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 22/09/11 05:23, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
>> after the installation of the ssl different libs using:
>> apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libssl-dev libssl0.9.8
>> libssl0.9.8-dbg
>>
>> and reconfiguring the squid 3.2.0.12 it works.

> If I'm understanding this and the bug report right, your fix was to :
> a) install correct dependencies
> b) erase the old build attempts with "make clean"
> c) rebuild
>
> I'm not sure what kind of code fixes we can do to help missing
> dependency, or partial build results. That would be what make clean was
> designed for.

Hi Amos,

    The Squid bug is that steps (a-c) should not be required when Squid
is build without explicitly enabling SSL support or, at the very least,
when Squid is built with SSL support explicitly disabled. IIRC, Eliezer
did not want SSL support, did not have SSL libraries installed, and did
not explicitly enable SSL support. Yet, he got SSL-related compilation
errors.

As far as I can tell, there is a "leak" of OpenSSL names into
unprotected Squid namespace that we need to fix. At least that is what I
think I saw some time ago when installing Squid 3.2 on a customer box
(to which I no longer have access to). It could be that I was mislead by
other changes or it could be that the bug I saw is already fixed, but
the symptoms matched those reported by Eliezer.

HTH,

Alex.