Adding a reset option to the session helper

From: Andrew Beverley <andy_at_andybev.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 07:32:32 +0100

So, I've been using the session helper for a few days now to display a
splash page, and on the whole it's working well.

However, one of the problems that I have experienced is that there is
often something in the background on a user's computer that retrieves
something from the web and forces a reset of the timeout (such as
automatic security updates, a ticker on a web page and so on).

I'd like to find a way around this. The best way that I can think of is
to add an option to the session helper, to specify a URL that must be
present for the timeout to reset. This URL would then be contained in
the "continue" button on the splash page.

What do you think? Is there a better way to solve the problem? Would
such a patch be accepted?

Thanks,

Andy