The Squid Software Foundation

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 19:11:46 +1300

With the Squid Project Core blessing, we have created The Squid
Software Foundation. The Foundation is a non-profit which primary
purpose is facilitation of Squid Project activities. The Foundation
itself does not write code or help users, but it will provide the
infrastructure and support framework for Squid developers and users.

The Foundation was incorporated in Colorado, USA in 2011. We filed an
application for tax exemption with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
and expect a determination later this year. If the Foundation is granted
a tax exempt status, it will be much easier for us to raise funds as many
US-originated donations will become tax-deductible and it will be easier
to manage funds because any leftovers will not be taxed at the end of
the year.

We tried to keep things simple: The Foundation structure is modeled
after FreeBSD and Apache foundations. All director positions are unpaid.
More information is available at
http://foundation.squid-cache.org/

Initial Foundation activities were limited to incorporating and filing a
lengthy tax exemption application. We do not expect to be able to do a lot
until we are granted a tax exempt status and accumulate donations.

Foundation Directors:
Henrik Nordstrom,
Amos Jeffries, and
Alex Rousskov.