Re: MGR_INDEX missing?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:34:03 +1300

On 11.01.2012 14:14, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> lör 2012-01-07 klockan 14:35 +1300 skrev Amos Jeffries:
>> On 7/01/2012 10:56 a.m., Henrik Nordström wrote:
>> > MGR_INDEX template seems to be missing in trunk?
>> >

>> Intentionally. It is a placeholder name for third-party cache
>> managers
>
> So we no longer have a default cache manager? Is the simple text
> based
> one now gone?

If by default you mean the relatively recent additions of
"http://example.com/squid-internal-mgr/" or "squidclient mgr:" (no
action specified) then yes that is replaced by the text "Internal Error:
Missing Template" until the admin installs some manager add-on which
provides MGR_INDEX template linking to any scripts and objects the HTML
view needs for that specific manager.

The 'old' cachemgr.cgi application and all the squidclient mgr: actions
are still present and working as before.

The CGI has had a small adjustment to its front page to scan for and
provide links to any Squid it finds configured with http:// or https://
access.
You can see a working demo of that at
http://admin.treenet.co.nz/cgi-bin/cachemgr.cgi

> Error in cache.log on startup, and blank squidclient mgr: output.

Hmm, blank is not good. I get the default one-liner. Will check when I
get the chance

The mgr: change seemed unavoidable in the present parse code. If we can
figure a way to make that the menu again without altering the default
MGR_INDEX http[s]:// response it would be good.

Amos