Re: 3.2 release checkup

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:20:48 +0100

>> My understanding is that no new/special dummy code is needed for Squid
>> on Windows in non-SMP mode. Bugs notwithstanding, non-SMP code should
>> work as well as before shared caching and other SMP features were
>> committed.
>

> Thanks for the details. I guess we need an updated MinGW test run to see
> where the particular issues are and see if and why they exist.

Currently trunk doesn't build on windows at all, mostly stuff at the
winsock api level.
The mswin branch
(http://bzr.squid-cache.org/bzr/squid3/branches/mswin) is currently a
2.6k lines patch, and brings things a little further ahead, but not
quite enough yet as you can see here:
http://build.squid-cache.org/job/mswin-mingw/175/console
But it doesn't seem to make things worse on other platforms, so I'd
consider merging back to trunk.

--
    /kinkie