Re: [RFC] Package download pages

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 14:29:34 +1300

On 23.01.2012 12:54, Pieter De Wit wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I might miss something here, but how about:
>
> /mirrors/ <-- Mirror info here
> /downloads/ <-- Packages, with a link to "mirrors"
>
> Under /downloads/ we could have /major_version/version/files.bla e.g:
>
> /downloads/3.1/3.1.7/squid-3.1.7.deb
>
> /Version can still link to /downloads/

The Versions/ hierarchy is very well established with a lot of
infrastructure and publications depending on the URLs there staying as
they are. So I am not looking to change that layout any time soon. Just
to make the download links get quickly to a more useful and
user-friendly page.

I might take you up on that mirrors idea. Then "Download/" can die
completely.

NP: the distro packages would remain in the distro repositories. I was
meaning just a link to the right part of those repos' to find the
package quickly.

Cheers.
Amos