Re: Squid and SSI

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 12:47:28 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi - Sorry for jumping in :)

On Tue, 31 Jan 2012, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> On 28.01.2012 09:46, goro goro wrote:
>> Dear Sir(s)
>>

> Greetings and welcome.
>
>>     I Am a system administrator at an ISP, Squid is at the Heart of
>> it, Caching is important to me , as is Through Put.
>>
>> I have Been trying for months now , fiddiling with /Proc anyway I
>> can, and with the squid.conf, also with the Limits.conf
>>
>> I finaly was able to reach a throughput of 80Mb which is not even close
>> to what I really need, One of the Server's Reached 120Mb, but i wasnt
>> able to know why!!!.

What hardware are you using ? (Memory/disks/CPU)

> Depends on what criteria the load balancing is using.

I have used (and not written a wiki page on this yet) heartbeat/ldirectord
without issues to load share proxies, ICCP is your friend here. If you
want we can go thru those setups

>> 3 : I am looking for a patch that can Write the Access Log Directlly to
>> Oracle or Mysql , unlike squid2Mysql , I dont want it to read the
>> file Access.log and then write it, I need squid to write it to the DB
>> directlly, Is that even possible ?

I would ship the logging to another machine, then process it/move it into
mysql. Syslog is your friend here

Cheers,

Pieter