Re: MGR_INDEX: No such file or directory

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:31:39 -0700

On 01/30/2012 08:39 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 30/01/2012 8:35 p.m., Владимир wrote:
>> 2012/01/30 13:12:56 kid1| src/errorpage.cc(350) loadFromFile:
>> '/usr/share/errors/ru/MGR_INDEX': (2) No such file or directory
>> 2012/01/30 13:12:56 kid1| src/errorpage.cc(350) loadFromFile:
>> '/usr/share/errors/templates/MGR_INDEX': (2) No such file or directory
>> 2012/01/30 13:12:56 kid1| WARNING: failed to find or read error text
>> file MGR_INDEX

> We have altered the default cache manager page from a duplicate of the
> menu to a scriptable index page. This is correct for a Squid
> installation without one of the new third-party javascript managers
> installed.

IMHO, it is kind of wrong to package Squid in a way that, by default,
triggers MGR_INDEX errors that are prominently visible in cache.log on
startup. There has to be a better way!

Would it be possible to include a dummy MGR_INDEX template (empty or
nearly empty or somehow defaulting to the mgr:menu action) that "third
parties" will overwrite if they re-package Squid?

If that is a bad idea, perhaps we should somehow mark this particular
"page" as optional?

Please note that I am not saying "mgr:" should do something useful by
default. I am just saying that there should not be "No such file or
directory" errors during Squid startup by default.

Thank you,

Alex.