vanishing coordinator process in squid 3.2

From: alex sharaz <alexsharaz_at_me.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 11:21:51 +0000

Hi,
I’m running 3.2.0.14…..build …91 on a number of servers and I’ve
noticed that fairly frequently the coordinator process vanishes.
There’s nothing in the logs to say that (in this case) kid9 ( 8 worker
processes) terminated for any particular reason. I still have worker
processes active and they still seem to be processing connections.

At the moment I’m killing off the worker processes using kill -9 and
just restarting everything with /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid –SYC

So

1). Anything I can switch on logging wise to see why the process is
vanishing
2). Is there a better way of restarting the coord process than killing
everything and starting again?

Rgds
Alex

Time for another Macmillan Cancer Support event. This time its the 12
day Escape to Africa challenge

View route at http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=203779866436035016780.00049e867720273b73c39&z=8

Please sponsor me at http://www.justgiving.com/Alex-Sharaz