Storing of information

From: Pieter De Wit <pieter_at_insync.za.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 08:34:36 +1300

Hi Guys,

So I saw on the mailing list the question about quotas came up again. I
thought I would give it a shot (planning etc) and I was wondering, does
"Squid" have a way to store data ?

In Quota you will have Bandwidth (bytes, not per second) that has to be
checked/adjusted and updated to disk. Instead of writing my own routines
to store this in my "own" format, it would be nice to have something
that grows with Squid.

I can't see that squid would have needed this up to now so perhaps this
is a good time to get something like that in ?

I am thinking of a simple GET/SET/DEL system that will take two
parameters (except DEL), one a key and one a value. If an object doesn't
exists then a GET will return NULL. SET will create an object, otherwise
it will update the value.

Right, time to grab the code :)

Cheers,

Pieter