Re: filtering HTTPS/CONNECT (summary and continuation of discussion)

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:24:57 -0600

On 03/16/2012 06:39 PM, Marcus Kool wrote:
>>> The new pipe filter requires a new protocol yet to be defined.
>>
>> And/or a new API like eCAP.
>
> Is is possible with the eCAP hooks to build functionality similar to
> what we called the pipe filter?

Hi Marcus,

    Sure, eCAP can be used to filter tunnel data, just like ICAP. eCAP
is even more flexible in terms of data exchange.

There is a question of whether you treat each tunneled data chunk as a
message or each tunnel data stream as a message. I would focus on the
latter approach as it may give us acceptable performance with eCAP.

However, it feels like a waste of time to discuss all these specifics
until there is somebody who can dedicate his time to do the required
Squid development.

Cheers,

Alex.