Re: Squid 3.2 performance question

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 10:56:35 -0600

On 03/20/2012 06:14 AM, Alexander Komyagin wrote:

>> > Possible. We would not know.

There are no simultaneous squid socket operations in no-daemon mode.

> From RSBAC logs squid 3.2 produces much more operations on NETLINK RAW
> ROUTE sockets than 3.1. Maybe performance differs due to some changes in
> the Squid interception mechanism in 3.2?

FWIW, I think it would be rather valuable for Squid and possibly RSBAC
folks to figure this one out:

1) If Squid v3.2 in no-daemon mode is slower than v3.1, then we may want
to change something in v3.2. In no-daemon mode, there are no shared
accepting sockets so we cannot use them as an excuse for slowing things
down. I recommend switching to forward proxying mode to eliminate or
confirm interception as a suspect first.

2) If #1 is resolved but Squid v3.2 is still slower than v3.1 when
multiple workers are used, then RSBAC folks may need to fix their stuff.
I would not recommend working on this until #1 is resolved though.

HTH,

Alex.