Multiple outgoing addresses for squid?

From: Chris Ross <cross_at_markmonitor.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:18:51 -0400

  So, I suspect someone has looked at this before, but I have an edge device that is multi-homed. I have multiple WAN connections available, and what I'd really like to do is have a squid that's smart enough to "learn" which web sites are better out of which WAN connection. But, shy of something that advanced, is it possible to have squid know to bind to N outside addresses, and then either round-robin them, or try one always, and then try the other if there is a failure on the first?

  I'd be happy to help implement such a thing if it doesn't already exist, but I assume this is the sort of problem that has already been faced and hopefully solved.

  Thanks.

                         - Chris