Re: Server Name Indication for transparent https proxy

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 22:05:18 +0200

mån 2012-04-02 klockan 21:14 +0200 skrev Santiago Garcia Mantinan:

> The thing I'd like to do and I haven't seen how to do with current squid, is
> to allow transparent proxy of incoming https connections based on this
> Server Name Indication. Maybe I missed this and it is already implemented,
> but if this is not yet implemented I'd like to know if you'd like me to
> implement it and how would you like it to be implemented and on which squid
> code.

I am not aware of any Squid implementation of SNI parsing to extract the
requested host.

You are very welcome to try to implement SNI identification.
Implementation is preferably done to Squid-3 bzr trunk, but it's OK to
base changes on Squid-3.2 as well. This is closely related to sslbump
and there have been significant changes to sslbump in 3.2.