Re: processing of ICAP Transfer-Ignore options

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 19:47:32 -0300

Yes, the file extension is vague, hence my original question.

However, Squid 3.1 thinks that the file extension is the last bit
of the URL after the last dot (like if the URL had a filename suffix).

It seems logical to strip the CGI parameters before evaluating the
file extension.

I studied a lot of URLs, the "file extension" and Content-Type
and it turns out that the file extension is far more reliable
as an indicator of the content type than the Content-Type itself.

Best regards,
Marcus