Re: processing of ICAP Transfer-Ignore options

From: Marcus Kool <marcus.kool_at_urlfilterdb.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 09:40:59 -0300

On 04/16/2012 04:34 AM, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> sön 2012-04-15 klockan 22:07 -0300 skrev Marcus Kool:
>
>> Are you saying that you want to use the Content-Type header as the
>> main guide for determining the "file extension" ?
>
> Yes, when there is a usable content-type.

The idea itself is good. The problem is that it is very different
than what the ICAP RFC states. I think that the negation of filtering
based on Content-Type should use a new parameter, e.g. Ignore-Content-Type.

And lets not forget that Transfer-Ignore based on a part of the URL
can be used for REQMOD and RESPMOD while Ignore-Content-Type can
only be used for RESPMOD.
This has a small performance impact: there will be more ICAP traffic
since less can be ignored.

>> Anyway, clarity is the most important thing here and I suggest to
>> move this discussion to the ICAP discussion forum.
>
> Clarity in a pile of mud...

Hahaha. Do you propose to make a ICAP2 standard that is not backwards
compatible?

> Regards
Marcus