School/government Squid usage examples

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:01:08 -0600

Hello,

    As you know, Squid Software Foundation has applied for 501c3 "tax
exempt" charity status with the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS). We
have finally received the first specific reply from the IRS[1]. The IRS
asks a few questions, and we have a draft response ready[2].

It may help our case if we include specific examples of Squid usage in
schools and government. The examples should reference an
officially-looking document or web page and talk about Squid reducing
school or government agency costs/burden/lockin/etc. An article on a
school or government site would be ideal. An archived, clearly written
mailing list posting might suffice, but an informal private email will
not work. Examples about Squid usage in the _US_ or by the US are preferred.

If you can point me to any of the above, please do. I must send the
response this week so there is no much time left.

Other response improvement ideas are welcomed as well, of course.

[1] http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/attachments/f1023-more-052912.pdf

[2] http://www.measurement-factory.com/tmp/attachments/response1-v3.pdf

Thank you,

Alex.
P.S. Ideally, this should have been posted to the squid-users mailing
list, of course. However, since we have not announced the Foundation
there yet (waiting to get the coveted 501c3 status approval?), I felt it
would not be appropriate to ask for help there.