Re: Trying to improve the stability of the OpenBSD build nodes

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 08:26:56 +0200

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> On 19/06/2012 3:03 a.m., Kinkie wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>   I'm currently trying to improve the stability of the OpenBSD build
>> nodes; I'm trying to figure out whether the issue can be worked around
>> by changing the way those nodes connect to the master. the 4.8 node
>> has successfully failed a build (that is: it has failed a trunk build
>> for legitimate reasons). I'll run some more experiments, but I hope
>> that the build failures on those nodes will start making sense again,
>> so I invite who's interested to start tracking them again.
>>

> OpenBSD is not unsupported past 5.0 nowdays. I've dropped 4.8 from the
> stable branch matrix, left 4.9 there. But was wondering if we should
> continue to test on 4.8/4.9 at all on 3.2+

Well, the build issues there are squid-caused from what I can see,
caused by the unavailability of Shm and failures to properly link in
the wake of its absence - it may be the only platform we have which
doesn't support shm and this may be its value.
Apart from that, I'll just set up a new OpenBSD node and drop the
older ones, no problem.

--
    /kinkie