Re: Generic helper I/O format

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 22:34:15 +0200

ons 2012-07-04 klockan 13:02 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:

> No, it is not. BS is required if the body is present and BS is not a
> valid key name. Thus, BS cannot be confused with a start of a key-value
> pair _and_ if a body starts with BS as well, there is no problem because
> we already know to expect a body there (after BS).

Why do we need a blob marker? Why not simply use key=value pairs across
the board?

> Why not have NtmlHelperReply::setResult() do the mapping? Is there
> something format-incompatible with those NTLM result codes that the
> generic parser cannot parse them using the following format?
>
> [channel-ID] <result> [key-pairs] [<BS> <blob>] <terminator>

NTLM do not need a blob. It's just a value. Moving to key=value is fine.
Additionally worth noting is that = is not a valid character in NTLM
blobs so same parser can be used if tokens without = is supported
(keyless values).