I started writing some document for squid wiki and i need a review on it.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:55:54 +0300

I started writing some document for squid wiki and i need a review on it.
(moinmoin file format attached)
it's only a draft with open mind and little knowledge.

the document has couple topics about cache and dynamic content.
it can be split into couple documents later.
the lead in it is my implementation of youtube\dynamic content caching
using ICAP server.
there is some very simple ruby code in it.

I have just heard about ESI caching and never really given\seen a simple
"this is how ESI works\implemented" and i will be more then glad to hear
about it( i dont want to read pages over pages. just couple examples
that will show the concept)

another Issue is:
i integrated in MY ICAP server also a basic content filtering feature
based on squidGuard\danshGuardian domains blacklists.

i did tests on my ICAP server and squid that is connected to it.
squid + ICAP on intel atom D510 will stand 800++ Requests Per Second.
ICAP server by itself can handle 1150++ Requests Per Second with a
maximum delay of 1.02 seconds response delay in a case of 30 seconds
load build up to 3735 concurrent connections(4 workers\forks).

i will have in the next couple weeks a much stronger hardware(24 cpus
32GB ram) just for this tests.

I am looking for Linux kernel + Mysql Tweaks recommendation for this
machine.

I will work with no logs to lower the disk access.
I already have Mysql query and table cache to make it all faster.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--
Eliezer Croitoru