Module - P2P communication behind proxy

From: Manik Jindal <manikjindal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 23:17:54 +0530

Hi all,

I am a final year CSE (Computer Science and Engineering) student at
IIT Hyderabad. I am doing a project on P2P communication behind NAT as
well as Proxy.

I have a doubt regarding squid. Could it be possible to write a helper
like the Redirection Helper feature
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Redirectors?highlight=%28faqlisted.yes%29),
so that all the packets generated by squid will pass through the newly
created helper.

Till now I have not tested anything including P2P communication behind
NAT. It is just an idea proposed by me. I do not know the feasibility
and security issues of the same. If anyone is interested please let me
know. I would be very happy to share the idea.

Regards,
Manik Jindal
B.Tech. 4th year,
Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India