[RFC] copyright polishing

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:26:05 +1200

As we all know the copyright management in Squid code is a bit of a
nightmare. I have an idea that should help to reduce that nightmare a lot.

We could have a sub-directory (credits/) with copies of all copyright
disclaimers, and each source file tagged with a short name for which
copyright(s) cover it (ie "COPYRIGHT: Squid Project") . We then have the
source maintenance script ensure that every file is copyright tagged,
and the packaging script generate the CREDITS file to contain *all*
currently relevant copyright disclaimers.

Opinions?

Amos