Re: Coding style question

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:18:35 +1200

On 21/08/2012 6:24 p.m., Kinkie wrote:
>> If any, I'd go for static inline (or just inline, after all the
>> namespace is already polluted).
>> Is the cost of the extra function call worth the decreased readibility?
> To be clearer: I'm thinking about how this would interact e.g. with
> Doxygen documentation.

Doxygen has a rather brain-dead compiler. It requires a symbol, but
those can be #define symbols as easily as inline functions.

The main doxygen control file has a list of macros which it is supposed
to define before scanning files, so that these definitions are visible
to it. That list is probably a bit outdated now and could do with a
check. But that was part of the macro renaming project.

Amos