Re: ICAP connections under heavy loads

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 22:35:35 +0300

On 8/30/2012 5:29 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
> If ICAP transactions do not detect connection timeout now, it is a bug
> that we should fix.
>

> Thank you,
>
> Alex.
This might be the cause to the bug I encountered.
I had the same problem while using ICAP.
by the same I mean:
I wrote ICAP server and while testing the ICAP server itself I managed
to load it to more then 20,000 connections with no problem and
performance issues while, squid after about 900+ requests stops sending
requests to the ICAP server and sending the client some 5XX code error page.

at the time I didnt new what was the cause for that.
I was thinking maybe FD or something else but I dont know what can I do
to help testing it.

Thanks,
Eliezer

--