Re: Store_url_rewrite for squid 3+

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2012 17:00:11 +1200

On 5/09/2012 4:10 p.m., Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> I'm reading some code (will take a while) to maybe get a functional
> store_url_rewrite for squid3+.
>
> Actually i was thinking about it a lot and the process should be very
> simple:
> use some stdin+stdout like for url_rewrite interface for starter.

Yes. The redirect.cc interface can be used. The caller code runs
*_access checks and provides a callback function which uses the
resulting URL to do things to store keys.

> i think this is can be done pretty fast if someone knows the current
> code.
> it's kind of replicate the url_rewrite and change all the directives
> names from url_rewrite to store_url_rewrite and let someone write the
> functions.
>
> how is this as a starter to maybe make it work?

Exactly what I was planning. Just a lack of store code knowledge getting
in the way.

> It should be done before the request is being done and i think that
> before url_rewrite helper.

At the point where cache key is being decided I think. Which is just
before HIT lookup. After adaptations like url_rewrite.

> the next step after that is to take the "to be cached" entry and
> change the the key of the stored object. as it will be stored at in
> the cache and not like the old store_url_rewrite that was saved in a
> formart of old+new url.
>
> how about just start with the basics of putting the whole redirector
> as in with store_url_rewrite?
>
> how hard can it be?

Want to give it a try?

Amos