Re: Store_url_rewrite for squid 3+

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:12:55 +1200

On 10.09.2012 04:56, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
> On 09/06/2012 03:58 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>
>> I don't think there is anything which needs new cache_cf.cc code.
>> The parsing side if things is identical for url_rewrite_*. The
>> different defaults and locations are all coded in cf.data.pre ... yes
>> indeed but the actual effect comes from the code in cache_cf.cc
> an example is:
> if (Config.Program.redirect) {
> if (Config.redirectChildren.n_max < 1) {
> Config.redirectChildren.n_max = 0;
> wordlistDestroy(&Config.Program.redirect);
> }
> }it's specific for the redirect program.
>
> I have tried to use the helper but it seems like without the
> cache_cf.cc code it wil assume the number of default helpers is 0/20
> and will not start any.
> which is werid...

Ah. Okay I had forgotten that hack. Yes it is needed for store-url as
well.

It is for the case where a program name is configured but there are no
children to be started. Or on reconfigure where a program used to be
configured but is now removed from the config.

0/20 with none started straight away is the default. One will be
started on first request through the proxy that needs the helper.

Amos