Re: Failure ratio

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:38:53 +0200

mån 2012-09-10 klockan 15:11 +0100 skrev Konstantin Korsunov:
> All working good, but some times 3 times per day I have next error:
>
> Failure Ratio at 1.02
> Going into hit-only-mode for 5 minutes...

That means that an unexpected amount of the proxied requests have
failed, and to avoid further network damabe your Squid stops responding
with ICP_MISS responses to any cache peers you have. Usually this is due
to a networking failure of some kind, but can also have natural causes
if some client sends a lot of bad requests, i.e. if infested with a spam
bot or similar.

There is no difference for normal proxy users. The difference is only
for cache peers using this proxy as a parent.