Re: I have a question about the md5 hash.

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 12:05:46 +1200

On 13.09.2012 04:51, Henrik Nordström wrote:
> ons 2012-09-12 klockan 10:26 +0300 skrev Eliezer Croitoru:
>
>> if it was a string what will be the string structure?
>
> It's not a string.
>
> The first hashed octet is the Squid internal method representation in
> binary integer form. Followed by the requested URL.

Just had a thought. I wonder if this is related to the releases which
people suddenly started having cache MISS for a period with no visible
reason.
That could be the releases where we added/removed methods from the
registered set.
We might need to make this the actual method string instead of internal
code to preserve store keys across squid versions.

> See storeKeyPublic() function for details
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3-trunk/view/head:/src/store_key_md5.cc#L118
>
> And for method number assignment see HttpRequestMethod
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~squid/squid/3-trunk/view/head:/src/HttpRequestMethod.h#L41
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Amos