Re: [RFC] Interim review: typedefs.h / structs.h splitting

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 18:48:26 +1200

On 26/09/2012 4:44 a.m., Kinkie wrote:
> Hi all,
> this new patch addresses the concerns that were raised.
> It stops short of removing typedefs.h (but structs.h is now gone).
>
> It doesn't break the build on the farm; it is in my opinion reasonably
> complete and it is for me a merge-candidate.

I see a lot of externs being removed in .h files. All fine and well for
statically linked .o files. But when these files are shuffled into
librares the ABI linking operates a little different and is known to
strip away symbol references for "internal" objects (ie those with no
explicit extern marking). Please be wary of that.

Other than that nothing seems to stand out at me. It is way too big to
do a full diligence check on, I think we are going to have to trust that
the build farm testing is enough. +1 from me.

Amos