Re[2]: Summary of store_url project and some questions before posting some patches.

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 00:33:15 +0200 (IST)

What do you think about that? does it matters at all?

>> How it was done in squid 2.7 is less relevant for squid 3 branch
>> implementation and was reviewed in the other thread.
>>
>> We discussed earlier on "url" to "originalUrl" refactoring and it seems
>> to me that this will make a big and unneeded modification to the code
>> that is not needed to achieve the goal.
>
>One reason to rename the old "url" field is so that we can double check
>that you caught all usage cases. If you do not rename, the patch will
>not show the cases you missed (if any). Any renaming changes for this
>reason alone can be later dropped (after reviews and before the commit).
>
>Another reason is to alert future developers that they are dealing with
>a URL which may be different from the store URL. If this is a valid/good
>reason, the renaming should stay.
Ok seems reasonable to me.

>> Also At every place the store_url is mentioned can be the indication of
>> it while every other place a "url" or "canonicalUrl" is mentioned will
>> be the mark of original url usage.
>
>Yes, but those "every other places" will not be visible in the patch and
>since "url" is a rather generic term some of them may be difficult to
>find in Squid sources using a manual search.

I wont say that there is no possiblitiy but I didnt used only manual search for it since it's unreasonable in such a huge ammount of code.
I indeed found one place that I needed to change the code and since it was in a #IF statement only the compiler was able to recognize it.

>HTH,
>
>Alex.
Thanks,
Helps a lot!