Answers to questions raised on IRC

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 17:51:41 +0200

Hi all,
  a quick summary of questions that were raised while I was offline on IRC.

@Alex:
kinkie, --disable-inline (and, hence, --disable-optimizations) breaks
build of many test cases. This is relatively new because I often work
with --disable-optimizations and it was not a problem. If your recent
changes affected how .cci files are handled in Makefile.am (or
elsewhere), you may want to double check those changes by running
"make check" after building with --disable-optimizations.

I'm a bit puzzled: --disable-inline and --disable-optimizations are
included in layer-01-minimal. If you can pass me the configure options
that break things for you, I can do some more specific checks. I
didn't change .cci file handling, at least not intentionally.

@Amos:
kinkie: bit of a blocker problem with mswin branch. It was one of the
branches which got left out of the master repo upgrade. I can produce
a diff of it against trunk. Which will probably be the best way
forward, using a clean branch and more organized change stages.

can't we simply upgrade the branch?

@Amos:
kinkie: got most of the way through the known windows updates for
squid-3 there are still a bunch to do. But we need a windows test
build of trunk asap.

Thanks to Guido, we now have the build VM again. I've upgaded mingw to
the latest version (gcc-4.7.0). It's happily ticking along a test
build.

--
    /kinkie