Re: compiling squid 3.2.2 under MSYS/MinGW

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:18:56 +1300

On 09.10.2012 08:41, Brecht Sanders wrote:
> Hello,
> I just had a go at compiling squid for native Windows with the MinGW
> compiler under the MSYS shell.
> The patches below did solve some issues for this compiler and got me
> through compilation of lib directory.
> However, a lot more work would be needed to get the whole program to
> compile I'm afraid.
> I hope my feedback below is of some use to you.
> Regards
> Brecht Sanders

Greetings Brecht,
   Thank you for testing and the patches. A quick initial check shows me
that most of these are variants of changes already in 3.HEAD as of a few
days ago. I will review them a bit better over the next few hours and
see if there is anything we are still needing in trunk.

FYI: You may have just seen the patches that went into 3.HEAD/trunk
over the last few days. They consist of a good chunk of the "whole lot
of work" you spoke of. The plan is to get 3.HEAD building fine on MinGW
then try porting the collective set of changes back to 3.3 and 3.2 as
well in a series of stages.

Would you be able to please pull the latest 3.HEAD/trunk code and
re-test? we expect everything except helpers/ directory to build now in
3.HEAD.

Thank you
Amos