Re: bzr repository upgraded to 2a format and restructured

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 08:48:46 +0200

tis 2012-10-16 klockan 05:39 +0200 skrev Eliezer Croitoru:

> I did that already and I get error while updating:
> ##start
> $ bzr update
> Doing on-the-fly conversion from RepositoryFormat2a() to
> RepositoryFormatKnitPack6().
>
> This may take some time. Upgrade the repositories to the same format for
> better performance.
> bzr: ERROR:
> KnitPackRepository('file:///home/eliezer/squid-repo/.bzr/repository/')
>
> is not compatible with
> CHKInventoryRepository('http://bzr.squid-cache.org/bzr/squid3/.bzr/repository/')
> different rich-root support
> ##end

Is this a old bound branch automatically pulling changes from the master
repository? Then unbind it using "bzr unbind".

There is no need to update any old branches. But it's best if your
working tree is all committed to your local branch.

> it's kind of weird since for the new branch seems to work fine with
> updates and everything.

Good. Now you just merge over your old branch(es) into the new
repository.

I am assuming you have locally committed your changes to your local
repository? If not then you need to merge changes from the working
directory (--uncommitted flag to bzr merge)