ICAP vectoring points

From: Steve Hill <steve_at_opendium.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:16:13 +0000

Squid currently implements ICAP vectoring points for reqmod_precache
(ICAP server is between the client and the cache and intercepting
requests) and respmod_precache (ICAP server is between the server and
the cache and intercepting responses).

I have a requirement for a respmod_postcache vectoring point (ICAP
server is between the cache and the client and intercepts responses).
I've not done a lot of work on the Squid internals, so would anyone be
able to give me some pointers on what is involved in implementing this
and where to start looking? Am I correct in thinking that since this
hasn't been implemented yet, it is reasonably non-trivial?

Thanks.

--
  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director