Re: Does Squid have functionality test suites?

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 19:26:41 +0200

Hey Tianyin,

I have used couple basic stress testing tools but for my needs I have
used custom stress tests I wrote in ruby to emulate specific real world
environment.
There are many synthetic testing tools and methods.

Notice that "Web Polygraph" does more then just basic level tests.

If you want to test the cache function I would recommend you to read and
learn a bit more to understand the effects of squid refresh_pattern on
http caching.

Mark Nottingham wrote a nice tutorial on http caching which can give you
a head start at: http://www.mnot.net/cache_docs/ .
He also wrote REDBOT: http://redbot.org/ which checks HTTP resources
and can virtually "explain" why a resource can or can't be cached and
other strange effects.

Regards,
Eliezer

--