Re: Wiki Abuse

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov_at_measurement-factory.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:43:28 -0700

On 01/13/2013 02:31 PM, Kinkie wrote:

> The next steps, unless anyone has better advice, will be to send a
> notification to the users mailing-list, and remove all user accounts
> which do not belong to the Editors group.

Can we use email addresses from the wiki accounts in addition to the
mailing list? I bet not all valid account holders read squid-users. Or
is that too much manual work?

> The only adversely-impacted
> users will be those who have subscribed for change notifications but
> do not belong to the editors group.

I assume your email will tell all wiki account holders what to do in
order to avoid the adverse effects?

I also like Eliezer's idea of copying/moving account records
before/instead of deleting them, provided that is easy to do and would
help restoring adversely-impacted ones later.

Thank you,

Alex.