Re: Helpers and Notes

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 13:51:29 +0200

To summarize, lets try to see what we currently have and then see what
we need.

Currently:
 1) the helpers may return multiple kv-pairs

 2) the helper may use non valid characters for HTTP headers for key
names. This is work well now, but we are worrying that in the future it
may not work, because the HttpHeader API will be changed.

 3) the helper currently can return a quoted value eg group="J, Smith"
OR a url encoded value eg group=J%2C%20Smith.

 4) the helper may return multiple kv-pairs with the same key

 5) In most cases(?) used only the first returned value for a key. For
example if multiple "tag=" kv-pairs returned by the helper only the
first will be used in tag ACL.

 6) If more than one kv-pairs with the same key returned then in
access-log we will print them as a list. For example if the helper
returned 'OK user="J, Smith" group="group1,A" group=group2' the
formating code "%note{group}" will print:
    "group1,A,group2".

 7) In the above helper reply the formating code %note will print:
   "user: J, Smith\r\ngroup: group1,A\r\ngroup: group2"
   I must note here that the two "group" kv-pair keys will be printed as
separate entries.