Re: Helpers and Notes

From: Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer_at_ngtech.co.il>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 14:29:20 +0200

On 1/28/2013 1:36 AM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> For some of the planned keys like group= and tag= (maybe store-id=), it
> is expected that there will be duplicates. For others like status= and
> url=, redirect-url=, it is expected that they will be used once. The
> code with firstValue() is writen so that only the first value matters
> and any duplicates are ignored until logging.

Kind of hijacking so sorry.
I was in contact with Anthony Bryan about Metalinks support in squid
either with store-id or another way.
The way squid currently handles requests and objects lookup leaves no
other option then having only one store-id.
Changing this behavior will maybe require some store code changes but
it's not the only way.

I was thinking of maybe doing multi store lookup in using the store-id
response to allow squid a more advanced way to match duplications.

Specific with metalinks there are other more complex security issues
that I think is another topic.

UPDATE: I will have some free time this week to fix the issues with the
last patch of store-id.

Eliezer