Bug 3111: Mid-term fix for the forward.cc "err" assertion.

From: Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat_at_mobileactivedefense.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 21:38:31 +0000

Considering the reason why I started to look at the squid code, a certain
effect of this change I'm aware of is that, after an attempt to connect to a
non-existant HTTPS server, the broken timeout handling will no longer
be easily noticeable because it won't trigger this assertion but result
in an incorrect 502 response code instead.